Monday, July 30, 2012

Red Lips?

There is nothing in this world that makes me feel more confident than lipstick --hence the name of this blog. During the day I stick to nudes almost exclusively, but take me out at night and you'll probably find me looking like a Beatnik in black cigarette jeans and a matte red lip. Ruby Woo (left) is a the perfect flat red. It's not too blue, not too orange, and it's opacity is perfection on the lips. I love Mac's matte formula, albeit slightly drying, it really just looks incredible while on. A little bit of Aquaphor right before you put it on and it's smooth sailing. Brick-o-la (right) is a dark, creamier color from Mac's Amplified line. The formulation is really easy to apply and comfortable once it's on the lips. It has a rosey undertone, which is flattering on paler skin (read: wintertime). Best part about the Amplified lipsticks? They leave a slight stain on the lips so no need to reapply after every sip while you're out! Both of these reds are staples in my collection-- if you're thinking about diving into reds for the first time or simply adding to your makeup bag these are perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment